Multitasking Skills

Victor

How good are you at multitasking? I'm not as good as I want to be. I find it hard to clean and watch the toddler and baby, for instance, so I do a lot of cleaning after my wife is home.

Enrique

I have to say I'm pretty good at multi-tasking. I lost my job a couple of years ago so my wife and I agreed for me to stay home and be with the kids. So far, it's working out quite well for all of us. While my wife works full-time, I do the household chores and at the same time, look after the needs of our three small children. I'm used to it by now.

Sinbian

Everyone who works on computers is good at multitasking. But I don't think this is the most useful skill for everything because some tasks demand focus which usually us multitaskers are not accustomed to.

uhoh

I'm not finding myself too good at it but I'm improving. I guess I don't really have much choice as it's just me now. Since I work from home, I can't get it all done and realized that so I pay a neighbor girl to come in and clean a couple times a week. That helps a lot!

polamalu43

I'm an excellent multi-tasker! I think you get better with time. I'm not a stay at home dad though. I'm speaking from the general life standpoint. At any given time I usually have 4 projects going on at work. I seem to accomplish them all with minimal problems. I also have to help run this child here and that one there and still help with dinner and chores. You just keep on doing it, you will get better with practice.

joeldgreat

When my kids are still babies and toddlers, I used to be the iron man in the house. Meaning I had to do the ironing and watch the baby at the same time in front of the television during Sunday morning. During this time, my wife's task is either going to the grocery or doing the laundry. Sometimes I do the kitchen work when she's not finished. I taught its the easier one, but to think of it, doing a multi-task is harder than doing the laundry alone.

Michael

I figure if I can mess up and strew things around the house while I'm doing other things, I can clean up and put things back as well. One thing is mindless habit. The other is a developed habit. Keep working on it.

JRDeep

I can multitask just fine. The work suffers, which is to be expected I guess. It's never the end of the world type of thing though I can do well enough with 4 or 5 things at once to wear it isn't a total disaster.

Lorenzo

I think I'm a pretty "OK" multitasker, not great, just okay. Honestly, I don't like multitasking much because I always think I could have given more to the task at hand, if it had my full attention.

dreyz

Multitasking on the computer; I'm the man. Multitasking while doing chores/giving attention to the baby? Call mum please :)

Andersson

I am as good as I decide to me and that is the way it has always been. The biggest thing is that I am great when they are my own little tasks to complete but if I am going from a list of things I am not that familiar with it can take twice as long.

flfsurveyor

Am rather good at running multiple tasks. I could be in the process of preparing a meal while doing my posts, while doing laundry. Good thing most run on automatic like the washer and the crock-pot.

Babar

While I can multitask, I feel the quality of one or more of the activities involved has to suffer a bit. I only really multitask when it comes to things that don't require my full attention.