My kids listen!

MikeWay

We don't live in the best neighborhood. There are sometimes domestic disputes that spill in to the streets. I always tell my son to stay out of them, not to go see what'ts going on or stare. Instead I tell him to come in the house. He did just that today. So happy he really listens to me!

ChristopherT

Shh! Dude, you just jinxed yourself in a major way. But congrats, I know how good it feels when they do what you want--in my case for a change.

Greendad

I am glad for you. It is always encouraging to know that your kids listen to you. Anyway, to teach the kids to do what I advise, I usually start with something they would easily or happily do.

benben

Yeah, there are times I think my kids are ignoring me. I hate that feeling, but it seems like they prove they were listening when I least expect it.

CHenne

That is great! I'm glad he listened, you don't want him getting hurt. I can't imagine living in an area that was not "safe" but I'm glad you are teaching your son to stay out of it.

jimscharger

Man, that's tough when our kids see stuff we would rather they not see. It's so hard because you don't want to shelter them too much, but you also don't want them being scared about things. Seeing two grown adults screaming at one another can be frightening for a child, even if it's just the neighbors. I'm happy he listened to you, too!