Need To Get Away

Timothy

Dads, do you ever feel like you just need to get away for a few days? I love my family to death, but lately I've been feeling very stressed out and I think I need to get away for a few days. All I can think about is a weekend fishing trip with the guys and maybe having some "me" time. With a wife and son at home, does that make me a bad person?

Victor

No, I don't think it makes you a bad person but that is probably because I feel exactly the same way. My wife has been making similar comments so I think we need to plan weekends away for each of us in the near future.

BigPapa

I think that everyone has that feeling every once in awhile. I know I do and I am sure my wife does too. We usually take a family vacation but we also take a independent vacation. My wife does a girls weekend and I take a hunting or fishing trip once a year.

Bearsfan

I think that everyone has that feeling every once in awhile. I know I do and I am sure my wife does too. We usually take a family vacation but we also take a independent vacation. My wife does a girls weekend and I take a hunting or fishing trip once a year.
My wife and I do the same thing. Also, thanks to some family nearby, my wife and I are able to get a couple of weekend getaways, just the two of us. It does make a difference to be able to take a break.

Timothy

Well I'm glad to know I'm not the only one! I think I am going to try and organize a weekend fishing trip with my brothers and nephews here in the next couple months or so, as the weather starts to warm and fish start to bed. Maybe my mom or mother-in-law would be willing to keep our son overnight, and then my wife could have a girls' weekend at the same time...