Nephew Got A Tattoo

Timothy

My nephew got his first tattoo earlier this week. He's so excited about it, I guess because he's finally old enough to get one without having to ask for his mom's permission first. A mark of manhood, I guess. I don't like the tattoo though; I have a feeling he will end up regretting it. It's a lewd tattoo, although I will not go into detail about it.

Have you ever got a tattoo and regretted it later?

jason

Administrator
Staff member
It took me many years to find the tattoo's I want so I have not regretted them, other then I wish I got them earlier.

BigPapa

I don't have any tattoos for exactly that reason. I have not found anything that I like enough to want on my body 60 years from now. I don't mind others having them though.

Andersson

I only have one and so does the wife, neither are in areas that we show to the world so it is a best kept secret I guess. I see nothing wrong with them as long as it is tactful and meaningful. The ones I have issues with is when someone says they get one "just to get it".

Chrisitan

I change my mind too much to commit to one thing. I can't see living with one picture or saying for 50 to 70 years. I don't like the idea of permanency that a tatoo represents.

Zimmer

I guess it has always been a commitment issue for me as well. Plus showing up at 40 in my office with a new tattoo, would scream mid life crisis.

Timothy

Ha ha Zimmer! I don't have an issue with tattoos and have even thought about getting one myself over the years. However, his tattoos is lewd and includes nudity in such a way that it isn't "artful", and it's right on his arm, for everyone to see. I feel like it's going to hurt him when he gets out and starts looking for a job. His mom is pretty upset about the tattoo as well.