Never Trampolining Again

polamalu43

Ouch! I have jumped on a trampoline hundreds of times. You are right that it was a freak accident. I'm not going to stop jumping though. There are many freak accidents in vehicles each day, I'm still driving.

Andersson

I have not been on a trampoline in years but I can tell you for those who are not familiar with them, yes its a great form of exercise but if you are not used to it expect to be sore after. Accidents can happen too but it surprises me he was on there with a child.

Victor

I really like trampolining, although it's been years since I've done it. I feel sorry for Chamberlain but that wouldn't stop me from getting on a trampoline.

Sinbian

While trampoline is a fun toy you have to be very careful with it. It is smart to lay down some padding around it, just to be sure.

Victor

Many trampolines come with nets these days to prevent people from accidentally bouncing or falling off. If I ever bought a trampoline for the family, I would definitely want the net.

BigPapa

My niece was jumping on a trampoline (with a net) with a few other kids and ended up smashing into someone else. Long story short, she ended up with broken eyeglasses and a broken nose. Trampoline accidents are not as odd as one might think, even with safety precautions.

Betterman

Yikes. I once fell off the trampoline doing a flip. Luckily, I didn't hurt myself too bad. I'd still like to get a trampoline for my kids one day.

Sinbian

That is why I don't like these toys. It's safer for me to do something else that is more closer to the ground. I've never been an adventurist in that regard.

Michael

One of the only good outcomes of our hurricane last fall was what happened to our neighbor's trampoline. It got demolished by the winds and rain. Our daughter was always wanting to bounce on that huge things, and we were equally determined she would not. They are dangerous. Period.

themdno

Trampolines are more dangerous than most people think. Most just get on them and don't think twice about getting hurt, until they actually are hurt! With that being said, I'm not afraid to jump on one, or let my kids on one. It just means you need to pay a little more attention to what you are doing.

I would be willing to bet that even though it was a 'freak' accident, that Chamberlain was probably doing something stupid, or his kid was doing something stupid. Then they had an accident. Think first, and you wouldn't have these types of issues.

fairbjosh

Man that would suck...... At least he still gets paid millions of dollars to just sit home injured if that was me I would get nothing.

HappyDad

That would be like saying so-and-so got into a car accident so I'm never going to drive again. Things happen in life and that's why they're called accidents.

Geonarlie

Scary stuff! I own a trampoline and I love it. I do all kinds of stuff on it like front flips and back flips. I do have a net that surrounds it so you can't fall off the side though. My kids frequently play on the trampoline.

Miller

We know of someone who broke her neck while on a trampoline. She did a flip, hit the edge of the trampoline and ended up in a wheel chair. Trampolines are totally off limits to my kids. We aren't taking that chance.