No death benefits for our fallen soldiers?

Bear

I saw this article in the news today and I was just appalled. The rest of the world is watching this too, as well as our current soldiers and their families. What are they fighting for if there is no guarantee their families will be cared for should they make the ultimate sacrifice?

Timeless

That is horrible for those poor families who have paid the ultimate sacrifice for their country. The government should step it up and send these families the money to take care of their deceased family member.

Christian

I saw an article earlier where the House passed a bill to take care of this, but the Senate and the President still have to sign off on it. In the meantime, Donald Trump and some non-profits have stepped in to fill the gap.

polamalu43

I saw that too - Donald Trump and other charities stepping up. It's sick isn't it? They go and fight for our country and pay the ultimate sacrifice (death) and then their families are treated this way. Our Government is just crazy!

Bear

Well, the House, Senate, and President signed a bill re-instating the benefits but it may still take them a few days to catch up. I still think it never should have happened in the first place though.

CHenne

I agree! It should never have happened to begin with. A slap in the face to soldiers and their families. This whole Government shutdown shouldn't have happened. The first ones to not be paid are the people who can't agree.