NTSB recommends banning all cellphones while driving

Bear

The National Transportation Safety Board recommended yesterday that all cellphones and handheld devices be banned while driving including hands free sets like Bluetooth. I think it is about time, and I hope Congress passes a ban into law immediately.

Luke

I think it is a great idea for it to be illegal to talk and drive, but it is not something that needs to happen at the Federal level. This should be up to the individual states. We don't need to give the Federal government any more control than they already have.

Shaun

This sounds like a great idea to me. I don't know why people think they can safely operate a car with a phone to their ear in the first place!

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like a feel good law. How many people are distracted by food, or switching cd's radio stations.

Freezie

What is wrong with a Bluetooth headset? I don't use one but I have in the past. I don't understand that. Funny how many people say they don't want the government invading our personal lives when they are doing just that with this law.

Freddy

What? This is not for some people!

I think any kind of law dealing with things that have to do with freedom, in any measure, is very telling because of who is NOT compelled to follow it. People who want to make sure they can operate their vehicle in a safe manner are prohibited, in many states, from using their phone, however, the people who have the most going on in their vehicles, such as policemen and ambulance drivers, can still talk on the phone!

I agree with those who say this should be a state and/or local issue.

Freddy

I think any kind of law dealing with things that have to do with freedom, in any measure, is very telling because of who is NOT compelled to follow it. People who want to make sure they can operate their vehicle in a safe manner are prohibited, in many states, from using their phone, however, the people who have the most going on in their vehicles, such as policemen and ambulance drivers, can still talk on the phone!

I agree with those who say this should be a state and/or local issue.