One hundred movies every guy should see.

Davidson

I was browsing around to find some inspiration about what movies I should rent and came across this list. While the author does have all the signs of somebody trying too hard, it's a pretty decent list, to bad I have seen them all.

McGregor

Thanks for the sharing the link. I have watched some of the movies. I agree that you have to see The Godfather, Ronin, Saving Private Ryan, and A Few Good Men; but I don't see the reason why you should see Conan The Barbarian as well.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
So I guess I need to update netflix. I guess that is good, my list was getting short.

Davidson

Well the list is very testosterone oriented and without giving to much spoilers, an Austrian with a 3 foot blade going around slaying people and talking with a thick accent seems to fall into this category.

Blended

OK I have a recommendation for a classic action movie. I admit this may be something we watched as kids but here it goes - Tango and Cash. :D

Daddy_Dearest

What's up with this list? There is no "Carlito's Way" and no "Reservoir Dogs". And, where are the Bronson movies? However, the list is pretty good with just a few minor flops in my humble opinion. I have watched most of them.

Kyle31

I think I have actually seen the majority of the list. I don't agree with all of the choices, but it's not a bad start. Maybe we should help them add to it!

Davidson

What's up with this list? There is no "Carlito's Way" and no "Reservoir Dogs". And, where are the Bronson movies? However, the list is pretty good with just a few minor flops in my humble opinion. I have watched most of them.
Well if we are playing what's missing, any list that doesn't have one of the Dollar movies or Yojimbo on it, is missing the howl point about what macho stands for.

Sinbian

Where's the Last of The Mohicans?! Nevertheless this list was pretty good, but I've seen almost all of the movies which kinda sucks cause I was hoping for a surprise advice.

Cruise

Yeah, I love The Last of The Mohicans. The movie should be in the list. And what about Cape Fear, Dances With Wolves, The Silence of The Lambs, and The Departed. Too many great movies are excluded from the list.

Blended

The Last of The Mohicans, Dances With Wolves and The Departed are also really excellent movies and it is a pity they aren't present there.

bighelp

As large of movie buffs as we are most people are shocked to know that we have not seen "all the ones you have see" already. We kind of like to mix it up, sometimes we will watch a block buster and sometimes we will watch something random.