One Year Old & the Potty

Victor

I've been putting my 15 month old on the little potty in the morning and right before bed. She doesn't always go and it's no big deal if she doesn't, but we celebrate when she does. Yesterday I put her on the potty and she actually pooped. I was thrilled! It's so much easier to clean up, especially since we use cloth diapers.

Justadad

Congratulations! It's always a big thing for parents when the child suddenly gets what you have been trying to teach them. I think it's a triumph for the little ones too, as they always seem so proud of their achievement.:)

Lorenzo

Good job, Victor! You have a great system going on there. I could not say the same thing for my kids. Two of them were almost three years old when they got the hang of pooping on the potty. Then again, kids progress differently :)

Salazar

You go, Victor! My daughter is three and we still haven't managed to get her to anything on the potty. We put her on it several times a day and she refuses to go. It sounds like you're getting a pretty good jump on it.

Victor

Well, I don't know how she will react to going on the potty once she realizes it means no diapers. For now, it's a no-pressure situation. I think I got lucky more than anything.