Online Dating

forgotten

As an upcoming trend in finding new partners, online dating seems to be the best choice for most. Have you ventured into it? Can you share your experience?

SamMo

Not me, but I keep encouraging my widowed sister to do it. She is reluctant to try but I don't see any difference between meeting someone you've met on line and someone you've met in other circumstances. Until you get to know them, they are a stranger.

Richard

I have ventured into it, and I've learned a lot about myself through it. It's interesting how different we are when we are having a faceless conversation through a keyboard with someone and what it's like to meet in person. It's been a good experience so far, though I haven't by any means found a "love of my life."

Wilbur

I had a bad experience with it, but I know some people who have had success. As Richard said, you can be a different person when you're behind a keyboard, so I think people need to proceed with caution since you don't really know at first who you're talking to. I did hear the other day that 1 in 5 relationships is starting online these days.

Independent

I have not had much luck with online dating. I can not say I have had bad experiences or good ones. I have tried blind dating and I have decided that it just does not work for me. I do not know how I will meet the right woman.

KSmith

I haven't tried online dating. I know a couple of guys who met their wives on a dating site. I know others who haven't had any luck at all on them. Do you think it might be the approach they take?