Parenting Tips and Tricks

fireman

Do you have any tips or tricks you have learned as a parent?

For example when we go out to dinner we use throw away table matts. They have two sticky strips and attach to the table before the food comes. You can find them with prints like Dora on them. This way when the food falls off the plate it is onto something you know is clean and clean up is easy.

Another thing is baby wipes. They work for spills and to clean up hands and faces.

Last one for now, but keep a small plastic tub with a lid to hold extra clothes, sun block, wipes and diapers. Place it in your car and you always have an emergancy stash if you forget something.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I do the keep extra in the car thing. Not sure what other tips I can think of at the moment.

LeonR

One of the best things we did was to put a load of laundry into the wash as soon as we got up each morning. In case we needed any of the things in a hurry, they were at least clean, if not folded.

Lorenzo

Our family likes to go on long distance trips and when we do, we always bring with us extra food and water. It saves us time and money. In the past, we had to stop in the nearest restaurant to eat which was rather costly and time-consuming.

Bear

My wife actually found this one, but we have used it many times. If your kids are sick and won't drink or you are worried about dehydration mix up some juice and water in a cup. Tell the kids it is "special" medicine, and give it to them with a syringe or bulb syringe you give oral medicine with. Do this four or five times an hour and you won't have to worry about a trip to the ER for dehydration.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Our family likes to go on long distance trips and when we do, we always bring with us extra food and water. It saves us time and money. In the past, we had to stop in the nearest restaurant to eat which was rather costly and time-consuming.
That is one thing we do too. We pack snacks and sandwiches. It sure beats fast food. And we pack drinks in a cooler with it.