Pass out

Phillie

How many dads here got light headed and/or passed out during delivery? I'm afraid this might happen to me (I'm not good with pain or blood). My wife keeps telling me that I better not pass out so now I'm worried.

NoobDad

I got light headed but I did not pass out. I think you should try to worry less about it. You might freak yourself out and cause yourself to pass out. Don't worry, you can do it!

SuperDad

My wife delivered by Caesarean for both my kids and the doctor didn't allow me to be in the room. Good thing too because I might have passed out right there in the operating room.

Glenn

Keep a paper bag with you so you can breathe into it if you start feeling woozy. I didn't need to use it, but I did bring one with me at the recommendation of our birthing coach. And try not to worry about it too much. You'll end up psyching yourself out and passing out from the stress.

Christian

Both of my wife's deliveries were c-section, and I was terrified that I would pass out or throw-up. I didn't though...something about seeing the fear in her eyes made me keep it together. It was a little scary, but we all did fine.

badge67

You will be fine! Somehow, like Christian said, you know that she needs you and you just keep it together for her. My wife had vaginal births and they weren't gory or bloody at all. I was up by her head helping her push, so it wasn't an issue and probably won't be for you either. Good luck!

FatherYoung

I got a little woozy and sick during my wife's delivery, but I managed to put myself together quickly. I suppose thinking about how courageous she was game me strength. Don't worry too much about it. It's unlikely to pass out...