Picnic on the beach

polamalu43

My wife and kids are at the beach (me too). We came with a couple of friends and their families. We guys decided we would make sandwiches and take them to the family... they are all on the beach. Major brownie points for that guys!

Donald

We often go to the beach over spring break, but this year we have decided to stay home. We may end up heading out at the last minute, but right now, we have made no definite plans. We love picnics on the beach, but not if the sand is blowing.

Victor Leigh

When my children were still kids, a beach outing is, more or less, a routine monthly affair. We don't always go in the mornings. Sometimes we go in the evenings and stay into the night. Reason being my sons like to fish and it seems that the fish bite better at night.

meowcow

Picnics are lovely. My parents used to do this for me as well. And now we are doing it for our own children! I shudder at the thought that some people have gone so modern that they have forgotten about small simple stuff like picnics. Thanks for sharing your story you have reminded me that we are long overdue for another picnic. :)

Victor Leigh

I think I will have to wait for my grandchildren to grow up a bit. Then I can go to the beach with them. Kind of like re-living the early years of my parenting era.

Victor

I enjoy taking the girls to the beach, but generally it's so hot we don't really eat much. We bring a lot of drinks though so we can all stay hydrated.

Andersson

I miss long walks on the beach with my wife, we have not been in what seems like forever. Live it up now because sometimes we tend to forget the little things that keep us happy (and are cheap dates too)!

Sinbian

I love the beach, somehow it represents a never ending joy of life. I don't know if the commercials are to blame or the fact that I spend most of my childhood holidays by the sea. :D

Clay

I love the beach and so does my family. I do not like eating on the beach, though. It seems like every time I tried to eat on the beach in the past, I ended up with sand in my mouth. I have no clue how it kept happening, even when we were careful. So, I pass on beach picnics now.

Sinbian

I love spending time on the beach, especially in sunsets. It's that magical time when life stops for a moment and everything feels perfect. I'm just a dreamer am I?