Pictures on Christmas Cards

Dan

My wife is already planning how and where we'll do the family picture to be put on Christmas cards. I'd rather just us a shot from vacation rather than a (stressful) posed Christmas picture.

Any opinions?

Andersson

This is something we have never actually done before. I know my sister is all about the cards though, she still does cards for even the smaller holidays and I know it can not be cheap.

BigPapa

We usually just put pictures of my daughter on it. Not posed, professional pictures just pictures from throughout the year to see how she has grown. I am not a huge fan of the posed pictures on cards.

Don

Our neighbors do it every year and we always make fun of the card when it arrives. Last year, they wore red sweatshirts with a cartoon picture of Santa on it and each one of them (including the dog) had on a Santa hat. I told my wife that I was thinking of petitioning to have the husband thrown out of the "Manly Men's Club."

Babar

I don't see the big deal either way, so long as the picture taking event doesn't go on for hours. If all you have to do is get in front of the lens and smile, you can "grin and bear it" to make her happy on this simple matter, no?

NoRisk

Like others i have never actually sent cards with personal pictures on them. Instead i just include personal messages. I don't think the pictures are necessary, but there is no doubt that they add that little something extra.

Foster

I don't think it's a big thing over here in the UK, I for one have never done it and I've never received a card from anyone I know with a family picture on it.

FrankSinatra

We use something special throughout the year; like a photo of both of our families from our wedding. Or one of us and out dog and cats like a bunch of creepy weirdos, haha.

tommymac

My wife is already planning how and where we'll do the family picture to be put on Christmas cards. I'd rather just us a shot from vacation rather than a (stressful) posed Christmas picture.

Any opinions?
Maybe it's something your wife likes to do every year. Honestly, if the worst stress you are going to experience is gathering the family to pose for a Christmas picture, I think you're doing pretty well. In fact, it sounds like your wife has it all planned out. All you have to do is show up and smile. What's the problem?

polamalu43

I think it's best you let your wife pick! You will be stressing otherwise. I love getting picture cards in the mail. To be honest, I don't care for the summer vacation shots. I like the Christmas photo.

ghanashyam

We do not Christmas cards here, we have Diwali cards and I prefer the one which have a very moving words on it.
For example, this is my favorite.
" A Gentleman dies only once, a coward hundred times"
or
" An atheist may not even believe that he has died!!!"