Planting a garden

Donald

I finished turning up my garden over the past week. The weather has been great around here, although a bit breezy. I'm going to end up with beans, peas, corn, butter beans, potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, squash, watermelons and probably one or two more things. What do others plant here?

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Warm season has been planted and consists of:
Tomatoes
Chili Peppers
Sunflowers
Sweet Peppers
Corn
zucchini
cucumbers
cantaloupe
okra
watermelon
pumpkins
eggplant
asparagus (this was planted special as it will grow year after year)
horseradish
potatoes
squash
artichoke

Herbs, is another long list.
basil
citrus basil
purple basil
catmint
catnip
chamomile
garlic chives
chives
cilantro
dill
fennel
lavender
lemon balm
lemon grass
marjoram
mint
oregano
greek oregano
parsley
rosemary
sage
thyme

polamalu43

Wow Jason that is a big garden. We plant tomatoes (3 kinds), peppers (hot, sweet, and green), cucumbers, onions, squash, corn, peas, potatoes, carrots and other things. I love gardening season.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Wow Jason that is a big garden. We plant tomatoes (3 kinds), peppers (hot, sweet, and green), cucumbers, onions, squash, corn, peas, potatoes, carrots and other things. I love gardening season.

Yeah, it is an old dog run I converted. 90x34. Although I just a greenhouse that was donated to me, wish will be 10 or 12 feet long, by I think 8 feet. But I will be able to grow warm crops during the winter now. :) Just have to figure out how it goes together.

Bobby

We have a huge garden and plant the usual summer veggies in it. We also have some strawberries and raspberries. And I hope to get a few blueberry bushes in this year. The most unusual thing I've ever planted was artichokes. They don't grow well in my region because of the cold winters. My wife started it from seed in early January one year and we ended up actually getting artichokes from it. But unfortunately, even though I covered the plants well, they didn't survive.

Timothy

We haven't planted a garden in years! We used to plant a myriad of different fruits and vegetables, depending on the time of year, but it became too much to harvest on top of full time jobs, so now we just plant tomatoes. :)

Don

I am debating about whether or not to try a garden this year. The spot we usually put one in has really gotten overgrown. If I decide to go to the trouble, I guess it will be tomato plants, squash and maybe okra.

taskeinc

I love horticulture, indoor and outdoor gardening, but my passion lies on flower and plant gardens. Never got into the veggie gardens, although I have nothing against it, and there's nothing better than being able to grow your own food.

Love the serenity and beauty that a flower/plant garden provides, and the indoor plants clean the air.