Playdates

Victor

Do you ever meet up with friends for playdates? I'd like to do it more often, but most parents who stay at home are moms and they tend to invite other moms, not dads.

tommymac

I used to do playdates all the time when my daughter was younger. You've got to meet people first. Get out there. Go to PTA or the park. Be visible when you pick up your child from school or the bus. Talk to people. Mothers, single or not, will find it pretty cute that you're attempting to have quality time with your child and will be happy to be part of it, but you gotta get out there.

Jatelo2

Not necessarily for playdates but mostly for business ideas and may be support groups. But as a member said before, you have to go out there and meet people! It is normal and socially healthy!

Niceness8000

I haven't been invited to one yet. My wife has. I really have no interest in them truthfully. If I am invited I would go, but if I'm not needed, I'll find something else to do.

BigPapa

One of my best friends is a stay at home dad like myself and we meet up as often as possible. We are really lucky that our kids are the same age too. They were both born within a week of each other.

Don

I'm kind of glad I've never been invited. My wife has done a few and she is usually the oldest one there, so she comes home complaining about how some of the younger mothers are. Our son always has a good time though.

youngone

One of my friends has a son and we go on playdates every Saturday. It's a good time for the kids and we enjoy it too. My friend Tom is the only other dad I know at a similar age to me. It's hard to meet new people, you can't just go up to random strangers on the street.

Andersson

When I worked a swing shift I always had time to do this before the kids reached school age as the middle of the day was my normal down time. I miss that, these days parents are lucky if they can do one on the weekends, I was fortunate looking back on it now.