Pumpklin time soon

ChristopherT

Soon we'll be heading out to Trax farms where my parents took us to get pumpkins when we were younger. It's great taking my kids to the same place and getting the same pictures as we had.

polamalu43

Sounds like fun but a bit early for pumpkins for us. It is still pretty warm out and if we got them now they would rot. I take my kids to 2 pumpkin patches but not the ones I went to when I was a kid.

Clive

We don't have any pumpkin patches around us. We have to go to a garden center. I've heard about the big pumpkin patches in the north and I would love to go to one someday.

jimscharger

This is the start of our favorite time of year! I LOVE taking the kids pumpkin picking...we usually have so much fun! I live in the country, so we are surrounded by pumpkin farms and apple orchards. Plenty of great fall stuff to do!

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I wish we had pumpkin farms. But we have blueberry and I'm just as happy with that for now. I have to grow my own, well, this is the first year here I'm trying that.

Thompson

I am excited about Fall this year too. We are going to take our little ones to the pumpkin patch, on a hay ride, and through a corn maze!

ChristopherT

The only part I hate is that they get these great big pumpkins and I'm the one to scoop them out and fight with my son about not holding the knife to carve.

Independent

I have a rule that the kids can only get a pumpkin that they can carry. I do have carving knives that I let my kids use to carve their pumpkins with my super vision. I guess that depends on the age of the child though.

Jdrake

It does depend on the age and maturity level. I let my kids carve too but I have a set of special safety knives for it. I like your rule though, maybe I should adopt that one this year.