Punishment

stewy

How good are you at punishing your children and how do you do it? My children are still very young so the naughty step usually does the trick!

Jack

I don't usually have to actually punish them, but when they are doing something they know they shouldn't be, then there are negative consequences or else corrective behavior that is required. I mostly want them to learn to choose doing the right thing.

WallysBunch

I do give punishments sometimes. It really just depends upon who catches them first. The punishment also depends upon the age and seriousness of the offense. We don't hit and we don't scream. But we do take away electronics and privileges for the older and it's time outs and bedtimes for the younger.

rubbermallet

I agree it has to depend on the circumstances on how it is administered. My wife and I do time outs and minimal corporal punishment. My daughter is still young and she doesn't always understand when I say no. Good balanced discipline will rear a well mannered child find what works for your situation and stick to it kids will push the limits my daughter is only one and she pushes the limits already. When Punishment is administered don't make it out of anger but out of love. When I do discipline my daughter after ward we hug and I tell her I love her.