raising kids & issues

jblack

A friend recently told me this.
"It doesn't matter where you raise your kids because you'll have the same issues with them everywhere."

Do you feel that to be true? I think in the city you would have more issues then out in the country.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I've never lived in a big city, so it would be hard for me to answer. I can tell you from growing up in a small town that if you did something wrong, your parents knew before you got home. Hard has heck to get away with anything.

KSmith

I grew up in a small community, too. Everyone knew everyone, so I couldn't get by with anything. I agree that you'll have issues no matter where you raise your kids. It's how you handle those issues and the values that you instill in a child that really counts, and can make those issues less serious and less painful for the child and yourself.

spencer

The fact is you cannot choose where you want to raise your children from but you can choose how to raise them. The environmental dispensations will automatically be different but the onus of teaching them responsible behaviour rests on the parents' shoulders.

syboken

I think certain things will factor in, like schools, does the county have enough to really provide for the educational programs/etc. I think its a toss up, I am about 90% in agreement with any place though.