Raising Teens

Lorenzo

Who among you fathers here have teenagers? Do you get along with your teens? Do they still want to be hugged and kissed? How about the "I-don't-care" attitude? Is that normal at this age and if so, when will it go away? I have a fifteen-year-old daughter who used to be very sweet and level-headed, but now seems to question my every decision in her life. :(

CHenne

Its normal! So is the "I know everything and you can't tell me different" attitude. I'm living it with you and it irritates me to no end. I have to bite my tongue from time to time. I am sure I was the same.

Lorenzo

How long does this "phase" last? My teen is getting more difficult to handle each passing day. And her mood swings! I don't know where she gets all this energy to be a completely different person in a span of a few hours. I don't think I was this difficult in my time.

Gavin

Mine just turned 13, so I guess time will tell on this one. She's still very reserved and not very talkative about certain things, but as long as she's honest about what she does say, I don't mind.

Dad Brad

Mine aren't there yet, but I see it coming already. The girls especially like to mimic what they see in older girls on television. I'm not liking some of the body movements already, not to mention their taste in fashion.

Andersson

Kids of all ages go through phases and the teens are not always an easy one to get through for the parents or the kids. Take it in stride, you know very well the first time that teen is heart broken or sick they are going to come running to you.

Victor

This is why I dread the teen years. I look at my sweet baby and can't ever imagine her acting as a stereotypical teen, although she almost certainly will. The toddler, on the other hand, has already given me a few glimpses. ;)

Dad Brad

If mine could be half as sweet as teens as they've been children, my wife and I will be one lucky couple. Alas! I know it can't possibly be, but I do know some families with teens I would love to call mine.