Reading Texts

Pops

Have you or would you ever read your children's text messages? I never have, but sometimes I wonder, what are they really typing into their phones?

Maxsdad

Yes I have read my child's text before, but never when they did not know about it. My son will usually say, dad look at this! I don't read them to see what the kids are up to though.

Daddy

I have girls and yes I will read them when they get grounded from their phones and don't think fast enough to delete everything out of it.

bighelp

Yes and I would have no issues with this either. Until they are 18 its my job to protect them, that includes protecting them from themselves too.

Millman

No, I would have to be really suspicious or worried that they're into something t look at their texts. However a co-worker of mine reads her son'e regularly and she tells him, she pays for the phone, don't text anything he doesn't want her to read.

Aiden

That's something I wouldn't feel comfortable doing unless I had a really good reason for it. I like to give my kids my trust and respect. If they were to do something to jeopardize that, then it would be a different story.

McGregor

My kids are too young to have a cellphone. But if they had, I think I wouldn't read their text messages unless they asked for it. I agree with Aiden about trust and respect to the kids.

Mack

No, because none of my kids has a cell phone. They all would like to have a cell phone, but there is no need for them to have one.

Pops

It's interesting to see everyone's opinions on this subject, that's why I asked the question in the first place. In my own experience, I side with the majority of you. Saying that I do not read my daughter's text messages. I never have, and hope that I never have to.

RayRay

I don't read my teens texts either. You have to trust your kids sometimes, and this is one of those times. Unless I have a good reason to, I won't be reading their texts any time soon.