Responsibility and stress management

Independent

My doctor subscribed and anti anxiety medication to me. I don't want to take it but the stress of being a single father is much greater than I thought. Since I have become a single father it feels like the responsibilities are so much heavier than they were when I had a spouse. Do you have any stress management tools you use that might help me stay off of medication?

MikeWay

I find that going to the gym 3 times a week is the best way to fight depression. The activity will help your brain and body, and of course it will help your self-esteem as well.

OrionH

I don't go to the gym, instead I meditate. I find that it helps me find my inner peace. I think it is important to destress away from the kids. I know you're a single dad, but do you have someone who can watch them so you can do this?

Independent

That is the problem. I don't have that many options as far as sitters go. With it being summer I am using up all my people just to have them babysat while I am at work. I need to find out when school starts because your right, I need a break.