ROUGH month!

Timothy

It's been a rough month around here. First my wife pulled a muscle in her lower back (at least I hope that's what it was and not something worse, don't know for sure yet) and then after a week of taking pain pills, she became painfully constipated and ever since, has had issues making bowel movements. (She also complains of lower abdominal pain a lot now, ever since the initial bout of constipation.) Now it seems that I've come down with a head cold, with less than a week to go until my next dental appointment (which I refuse to reschedule again).

polamalu43

Wow, you guys have had a rough month! I sure hope it gets better! I won't say it can't get worse because it surely can. Just hang tight and you will all be on the mend in no time.

Victor

That sounds awful! I wish doctors would warn more patients about constipation when they hand out pain pills so people could take Miralax or stool softeners along with the pain medication. I hope you both get better soon.

Timothy

Victor - I agree with you, and if the doctor couldn't have warned her/us about the constipation, at least the pharmacist could have! I mean, there are 3 or 4 other little auxiliary labels on the bottle; what's one more?

Andersson

That sounds like us but instead of illness we had some house repairs that sprang up to drive us a little batty. I hope you both get better very quick, neither dental work or back pain is something I want to deal with again in life. Wishing you a speedy recovery!!

Bearsfan

It always seems like when one thing goes wrong, it triggers an avalanche of problems. It's hard when both my wife and I are under the weather. At least when it's only one of us, the other can pick up the slack.

Timothy

I know what you mean, Bearsfan. This past month has really tested our relationship because she had issues, then I started having issues before she was well and both of us are bad about letting illness get the best of us. She's been snapping at me, I've been snapping at her, and both of us have been dragging our feet lately about everything.

John

When it rains, it pours, or so they say. Around here it's been funerals lately. We have yet another one tomorrow, and I'm tempted not to go. The better half won't hear of missing it. These are people we knew long ago who moved away. Their parents are coming back home to be buried. They were in their 90s and had a great life here, but their children all moved away.