Rough Night

Victor

The kids were wound up last night due to the holiday, so they went to bed late. On top of that, my oldest kept coughing and waking frequently, crying as she did so. It was hard to console her. I think I got maybe two solid hours of sleep and the rest was just dozing in between her wakings. I am so tired.

CHenne

I hate rough nights. Is your oldest sick now? Holidays sure do make things tough at our house too. How old is your oldest? I hope you get more sleep tonight.

Victor

Yes, we've gotten a bit more sleep since then, thank goodness. She is sick, but the only symptom is the cough, which is much more prevalent when she is lying down. It's odd that she's not feverish or snotty or anything.

Bear

Have you tried raising the head of her bed a little bit with pillows or a couple of rolled up towels under the mattress? My youngest is going through the same thing and that seems to help him a lot.

SingleDadNow

You might consider a humidifier, too. I know that helps my kids sometimes. I hate those nights when it is just one thing after another, to keep you from getting any good sleep. Hopefully it is better tonight.