Santa Claus

Ralphie

Do your kids believe in Santa Claus? Sometimes I feel a little guilty like I'm sort of deceiving the kids with the whole Santa Claus story and hype.

Strongarm

I don't have kids yet, but I wouldn't feel guilty for letting them experience the belief in Santa Claus like when I was a kid. I found out he wasn't real because I had three older brothers. I wasn't crushed or anything when I found out. I think it's something nice to believe in.

Last edited:

bighelp

We have kids and they know of the story both that people get the gifts and who Santa is. We are not a religious household but we still let kids have their imaginary friends.

polamalu43

1 does and 1 doesn't. I liked it more when they both did. I can't wait to teach them both though that we are all Santa Claus's. We donate toys and gifts to other kids and that makes us all Santa.

Ed35

My oldest does not believe but the other 2 do believe. My oldest has been sworn to secrecy. He thinks it's cool that he is the only one that knows. He was bummed when he found out.

Freezie

We have Santa Claus the same way we have Batman and Mickey Mouse. We acknowledge that he is a part of the story and we do a "Santa" gift but the kids know that he is not real.

Fatherof2

We do not do Santa, the tooth fairy, or the Easter bunny at our house. My oldest knows who Santa is like in the movies, but she does not expect him to bring her presents. In our opinion it IS lying to your kids...and for what? So they can think some imaginary man brought them toys you busted your tail to pay for? No thanks!

SpeedyDad

Yep, we definitely do Santa Claus at our house. I don't know how we couldn't. Both my wife and I were brought up believing in Santa and remember the happiness and joy it brought to us. Why wouldn't we do the same for our children?

PatrickK

We do not do Santa, the tooth fairy, or the Easter bunny at our house. My oldest knows who Santa is like in the movies, but she does not expect him to bring her presents. In our opinion it IS lying to your kids...and for what? So they can think some imaginary man brought them toys you busted your tail to pay for? No thanks!
I agree. I think it's fine for some to celebrate with the Santa Claus myth but it's not for us. We have enough joy with our presents and volunteering to the spread the cheer.

bighelp

Heck I know some parents who still believe in Santa and I hope its just a front for the kids. If you are up waiting on Santa to hop down a chimney for the holidays and live in an apartment with no fireplace, something is wrong. :)

Kenny

We don't do Santa or the others here either. Our little one thinks it is just a story like Cinderella or something. Our families can't stand that we are not doing the whole Santa Claus thing and repeatedly ask her "what is santa going to bring you".

jason

Administrator
Staff member
My daughter believes in Santa. Although I'm sure when she gets older, she will learn the modern day interpretation is biased off of various pagan myths, a few real life people, books and advertising. However, I will do my best to teach her Santa's greatest lesson. Santa gives from himself, his talents, his love and his heart. If more people learned his lesson, the world may just be a little bit better of a place.