Saving for a new big screen TV

polamalu43

With football season approaching I have decided that I want a new TV. I want a big screen TV. I don't know how big yet. What size is your TV and do you like it? I don't think I want anything bigger than a 52 inch!

Andersson

The one we picked up is 52 and we snagged it for a very nice price at H.H. Gregg. Do you have a store like that near you? They were rolling out other new models when we got ours a few years back and we paid almost 1/2 price!

CHenne

I am looking too. What the heck is H.H. Gregg? We don't have that store near me. I was thinking of waiting until black Friday but I don't know if I want to wait that long now that football season is here.

BigPapa

We bought a new TV last year. It is a 60 inch Samsung with built in Wi-fi and 3D. We got it for a song because it was the last model from the year before. We bought it at ABC Warehouse.

CHenne

Holy cow! That is a steal. Hey does anyone know anything about these "smart TV's"? I keep seeing them but I don't really know what they are about. I would love some information.

On The Mark

I could live with a 52" flatscreen. Right now I have a big screen, like 32" or something, that has wheels you can move it around on that I picked up at a thrift store. It works great, but I won't say how much I paid for it. People will get jealous.:)

polamalu43

After today's game I am not sure I need that big screen anymore. Watching the Steelers play so horrible was bad enough on my 32 inch TV. I am still looking though.

Alfy

We have a 47 inch flat screen HD television that we bought for our den. We didn't want the 52 inch because the room is small. There was a website that I saw that showed the size of television with the best viewing distance. Our room called for 36 to 48 inch television. You measure from the sofa to the television in inches and multiply by 0.84. This will give you the best viewing size.

Christian

We have got a 41 inch flat screen in our living room and I think that it is plenty big enough. It was a huge upgrade from our previous 12 year old TV though.

Jon

The only flat screen in our home is the computer monitor. My Christmas wish for this year is to have a new flat screen TV that can show 3D movies. My savings is not enough though so I might have to wait until next year.

davie

Our big screen went out on us after a storm a few months ago, so we only have a little bitty thing in the living room right now. We are hoping to pick up a new one during the sales next week.

Sinbian

I have 32" screen and it is more that I need. Quite frankly I was thinking of completely liberating my home from the terror of television. It's a big step considering how much this habit is rooted in our minds.