Screaming in a restaurant

justin

So far I've been lucky about my son screaming in resturant. Getting him to sit still is another story. But I see some parents bring toys for their kids to play with. The wife is against the idea. So I was just wondering how you keep your child from screaming.

Daffy

When we were raising ours, we would take a small toy and let them play and then help them to eat their food. As far as screaming, if they started that we would take them outside until they calmed down and then come back.

JamesMichael

Food is very helpful in this situation. It's a good idea if you'll bring tidbits all the time. My wife always have lollipops, candies and chocolates in her bag. It helps to stop my kids making any noise. If my wife is not around, I prefer to bring toys just in case I can't control his screams.

Andy

When my girls were small, my wife had a travel bag full of activities and snacks that we carried around with us. It always kept them happy.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
My wife will usually order our daughter the meal when we order drinks. We ask they bring it out when it is ready and not with our meals. This usually keeps her busy, and since she takes a while to eat, we do not have to wait on her as long either.

Kenny

My wife usually takes a few small toys in her purse along with saltines but if our daughter gets too loud then we would of course take her out of the restaurant.