Setting one day aside for just our family

DadOf4

We like to set aside one day of the week where we just do things as a family. Phone calls are ignored and cell phones are turned off. If we're at home and someone shows up at the door, we politely tell them to go away. :) What do you do?

CubFanJack

Sundays are our family day. But during the summer, my sisters and their families also join us. We have a pool, and we get the grill going. I love that my son can really get to know his aunts, uncles and cousins. That's something I never really had.

newb2diaps

I want to try and get into the habit early on that weekends and evenings are for kids and family. Otherwise people slip into bad habits early on and its hard to get out of them from what I see of other parents now (even family, as sad as that is to say).

Papa Bear

I try to do that for my family. Weekends become fun and bonding time for us and we learn to appreciate more the role of parents to our children.

MatthewR

That is pretty cool, we don't do anything like this. I mean we have family game nights where we don't answer the phone or have visitors but we don't have a full day of this.