Short on breakfast

Andersson

I hear so many people that run themselves short on breakfast and I never understand this. It is the most important meal of the day. Anytime I tried to do this I would get sicker than a dog. I just don't get how people think they can do this and still end up staying healthy. What gives?

yabadoo

I haven't ate breakfast in well over a decade. I'm just not hungry when I wake up. Why? Because sleeping isn't enough for me to generate an appetite. I hate waking up in the morning to go slave away at work. I'm in no mood to eat.

olderthandirt

I'm not one to eat breakfast, either, but I know it's a bad habit. Did you know that your metabolism doesn't rev up until you actually eat something? During your sleep, the metabolism slows and you need to eat something to get it going faster again. I've been working on breaking this habit.

Bear

I have only recently started eating breakfast regularly and it has made a difference in how I feel during the day. I also lost some weight when I started eating breakfast. :)

polamalu43

I don't eat breakfast when I first get up. I usually grab something small around 9am. I don't think it is a big deal to skip breakfast. I eat a healthy lunch.

Victor

Everyone is different. I eat breakfast but usually not for a couple hours after I get up. I'm just not hungry before then. My wife skips breakfast entirely since she doesn't get hungry until lunch.

Andersson

A few hours later is something I did years ago but I have started to eat in the first hour this after the kids left the house. When they were still here it was rush rush rush and there was never enough time to eat a full breakfast. Now I take my time.

yabadoo

I haven't ate breakfast in well over a decade. I'm just not hungry when I wake up. Why? Because sleeping isn't enough for me to generate an appetite. I hate waking up in the morning to go slave away at work. I'm in no mood to eat.
I meant to say that I haven't eaten breakfast in a decade. I'm such a moron! My grammar is terrible. You are witnessing the results of a publicly funded education. And I'll never eat breakfast. I hate morning people. I hate everything about the world until around noon.

BigPapa

In order to wake up your body, you should eat within 30 minutes of waking up. Even if you don't "feel" hungry your body has been at least 6-8 hours without fuel. You would not expect your car to work without gas, so why treat your body that way?

SingleDadNow

Sometimes it is really hard to make time for breakfast, beyond a bar or something. I should try to get better about it, but I hit the snooze button too much, and end up just running out the door.