Should Paterno retire?

Mikey

Someone reported to Coach Paterno (Penn State) that they witnessed an inappropriate sexual act back in 2002. He didn't call the police he reported it to his higher ups. Now the victim(s) are coming back and going after everyone saying that each person had a responsibility to report it to the police.

Phillie

I really have not read enough about the whole thing to have an opinion. I would hope that he did not do these things. I hate hearing about coaches or other people close to kids that do inappropriate things to them!

Howard

Paterno was the most powerful person at the university. He absolutely should have involved himself more than he did. As a result, he put the whole university in a bad light.

Rob

I heard on the news that Penn State actually went ahead and fired him. They must have been under a ton of pressure to go that far.

2andalone

There is no doubt in my mind that he should have reported it to the authorities and not to his superiors. He allowed the abuse to continue when he had a choice to stop it and call the police. There actually is a law that says those in certain positions are legally obligated to report abuse to police.