Single parenting fun

jason

Administrator
Staff member
STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. - I’m not a single parent, but if I was, I think I’d need a Starbucks IV drip just to stay in the game and manage all aspects of my kids and their ever-increasing needs (and demands). I’m in awe of single parents, who not only bring home the bacon but also do homework, cook dinners, get their kids to extracurricular activities — and after all that work are still standing!

I was convinced when I decided to write this column that, in this great city of ours where single parent families far outweigh the old two-parent family structure, I’d be deluged with activities and workshops catering to their demographic. Well, I was wrong!

Unless you’re looking for a support group, and to be honest, most kids are either not mature enough to sit around in a circle and share their feelings, and many adults would rather stick pins in their eyes than divulge their innermost thoughts in a group setting, I was unable to find any events specifically geared for single-parent families to meet like-minded peers.

more Single parenting fun | SILive.com