Sleeping at home

Greendad

I know a family where the dad stays at home and the mom works at an IT company. Their only kid stays with the grandparents. He (the dad) sleeps at home all the time. Well, not that often. Sometimes he watches television or hangs out with his friends. He really gives stay at home dads a bad name.

Blake

That sounds terrible to me. If the child doesn't have somebody caring for him at home, what's the point in having a parent stay home? Sounds like somebody is lazy. I agree, it's not a good example of a stay at home dad.

William

I wonder how his relationship with his wife works. Husbands should be the one who is primarily looking for the income of the family and not the wife. I just pity the kid for staying at his or her grandparent's home.

bighelp

There are some people in the world who are lazy and that is what your friend sounds like. I know someone similar who flunked his way through school three times only to end up not "being a grown up" as he enjoyed his somewhat "married but single" lifestyle.

Albert

What's his wife's opinion about this situation? Does she know about it, and does she approve it? I'm sure that most responsible women would have something to say against having such a lazy husband. I hope that the grandparents take good care of the child; otherwise the kid might feel neglected and develop some sort of personality disorder.

Peyton

I'm also curious to know what the wife says about this. I know my wife would go bananas if I did something like that. Lazy and selfish is what that guy sounds like.

crowl

I really hate when I see grandparents taking on the role of parents, it is not their job. My uncle has this issue with his son too and he has put a stop to it after his son had the 7th child. What are these people thinking??

MikeWay

I think it is crazy that the dad doesn't have a job. If his kids are being cared for by the grandparents then he has no excuses. Laying around just doesn't cut it.

Jonathan

There are some people in the world who are lazy and that is what your friend sounds like.
I guess so. I know we were not born to work but some people just think that they were born to play or to do anything other than working, and depend on other people to feed them. They are insane but they are there.

Jack

The guy could be suffering from depression. Maybe he needs meds and doesn't realize it. I knew somebody who fits his description who totally turned his life around once he got onto meds.

Mohidad

It is possible Jack, and he may need professional help. Has the guy never worked before (I doubt it), of has he got laid off and got a hard time finding a new job?

Blake

I wonder how his relationship with his wife works. Husbands should be the one who is primarily looking for the income of the family and not the wife. I just pity the kid for staying at his or her grandparent's home.
I think that way of thinking is backwards. Men and women are equally capable of working or caring for children. If he were actually caring for the kids this situation would be perfectly fine.