Son Getting A Divorce

GranddadHoward

My son's wife has been cheating on him and she now wants a divorce to be with the other man. He's having a real hard time with it because he feels like he still loves her. I want to help him, but I don't know how. Can anyone give me some suggestions?

Dad2Be

If the woman wants to leave, I'm not sure your son can do much besides making sure she knows how he feels. If she leaves, just try to be there for support. I'd imagine that's a hard thing to go through.

youngdad

There isn't much you can do except be there for support like Dad2Be said. I agree with Dad2Be that he should tell her how he feels, but if she insists on leaving there isn't anything he can do about it.

Davidson

There is always the "their are plenty of fish in the sea" speech, but you should try to convince him that living the rest of his life with a woman that cheated on him, would turn any love he still feels towards her into hate.

GranddadHoward

Thanks for all the advice. I think he's accepted that it's over between them and he is now angry. He took his wedding vows very seriously and thought she did, too. He's very hurt. I wish I could take that pain away. Is there anything that I can do or say to ease it?

Zimmer

You have to let him go through the stages, it will be better that way. In a few months he will be ready to even go out dating again, until than life is going to seem like total crap, but you have to take the good with the bad.