Stay At Home Dads With Web Businesses

ryan

Stay-at-home moms turned work-at-home moms have been a big part of online businesses for years. Do you think it's our turn now? I think that many fathers have been trying to carve out money-making niches for themselves in the online world, but they just don't get the attention that mothers do. Do you agree?

Bobby

I've not found that there are more women making money on the web. They may have had more opportunity to give it a try if they stay at home with their kids. And it's certainly hard for anyone man or woman to work all day and try to make a go of it online in the evening. But I think the opportunity is there equally for anyone.

Lorenzo

I agree with Bobby, there is equal work opportunity for both men and women online. However, since working online myself for a couple of years now, I can safely say that more men have achieved a certain level of success that no work-at-home mothers have been able to imitate. Of course, there are a handful of women who have made enormous income online, but these are the ones who don't have kids to mind.

encryptedbytes

I think it's more dependent on the person. Some people are cut out for working at home and online business and some people are not. Either gender can be successful, provided they have the knowledge and motivation to do so.

In my experience, men tend to be more technical, which gives them a certain advantage, but not all at home online business required a high degree of technical proficiency. Lots of mothers make money online blogging, doing surveys, and other GPT (get paid to) and other tasks.

Ultimately it is up to the individual. If they really want to work from home with some kind of online business, they will find a way to do it.

Andersson

I really do not think we hear as much about men running a company from home as we do women, it might actually be a closer ratio than we all think. I see no reason why either gender should hold back. If you can do it, do it!

kreso93

The opportunities on the Internet are the same for both sexes, you just have to be creative and find what works for you.

Lieutenant

I agree, mainly because most online mosey making schemes target women because they still believe that women are the ones that stay home. I believe in the near future that will all change and the high unemployment rate may also influence that change.

Victor Leigh

On my part, I have met more work-at-home mothers than fathers. Myself, I work at home, making money online. Maybe it might an idea to start a section here dedicated to work-at-home fathers. I do think it's an upcoming trend.

Sinbian

I'm not sure if there is any official statistics, although it should be, but I think men do it more often. That is just my impression anyway. I also dabble with online stuff to make money.

Victor Leigh

I'm not sure if there is any official statistics, although it should be, but I think men do it more often. That is just my impression anyway. I also dabble with online stuff to make money.
Dabble? I like the way you put it. Keep on dabbling. In next to no time, you will be so engrossed in making money online that you would have forgotten that you were making money in other ways before. In a nutshell, where cyber space is concerned, you are only limited by your creativity and initiative. Plus lots of hard work, as usual.

siddh

I think many men who are also fathers are already doing it from home. The reason we don't hear much success stories about them might be that men don't like to show off their success. Moreover, some of them are capable of handling household responsibilities and that doesn't give them a fair chance to shout about their achievement.Poor guys.

flfsurveyor

In our society, men were expected to go out and work while women stayed at home and if the opportunity to make money on the side, whether on the web or something else presented itself, then the woman may grab it to augment the family income. The men men were defined by what they do for a living. That traditional wisdom has already been thrown out of the window. But its lingering effects is perhaps the reason why most men do not readily admit that they are earning money online.

Victor Leigh

In our society, men were expected to go out and work while women stayed at home and if the opportunity to make money on the side, whether on the web or something else presented itself, then the woman may grab it to augment the family income. The men men were defined by what they do for a living. That traditional wisdom has already been thrown out of the window. But its lingering effects is perhaps the reason why most men do not readily admit that they are earning money online.
Not really true. Among the men I know in real life, it's considered to be something worth bragging about if you can earn money online. It's something that makes others look up to you in awe.

klarawoodenjr

I'm a freelancer online and the workload is definitely larger especially when you need to meet deadlines. There are days that I forget to sleep just to finish a project. Sometimes it has perks too like you can have a 3-5days vacation. But more projects that are done means more money which you can use for yourself and your family.

1DaddyRun

The opportunities on the Internet are the same for both sexes, you just have to be creative and find what works for you.
I agree with you, the only that I notice is, the percentage of women who are members of the major online Internet Marketing forums is very low in comparison to the men.

It could be that the women keep a low profile but I doubt that is the case.

That said, Internet Marketing can be the perfect means for stay at home dads to make money.

Foster

I have to say I don't think I could be a stay-at-home dad and work at the same time. If I am doing something I focus on that, I simply can't multitask. My wife on the other hand could, it's simple women can multitask men can't.

I'm not saying all men wouldn't be able to but I know I couldn't do it.

newguy

I have to agree with Foster, women have been multi-tasking and running the home business for ages...the only difference is it wasn't called work then. The women have long been expected to stay at home, cook, clean, shop, pay bills, etc...they are used to that aspect of it. That being said, someone else said men are more technical and I believe that is true. And that brings me to my point...women succeed at different areas than men and have learned to squeeze blood from a turnip whereas men tend to go with the "usual" ways so they aren't as touted.

joeldgreat

For sty-home-dads, I think it would be great for you to start making blogs about how to raise your kids, the fatherly way. There were already countless sites whom is dominated by moms when it comes to the topic of raising kids and home wellness. And I've seen very few sites whom fathers are the main drivers of the homes.

dreyz

It depends what business can you find online. Some people excel in online business and they really earn a living from it, while others treat it as a mere side income.

Michael

I don't know if I could stay inside long enough to develop an online business. I love being outside and puttering in my workshop. I admire people who are able to move their offline pursuits onto the Internet and make money from them.