Step grandparent

TakeYourTime

My mother had a father we saw little of as I was growing up. He had a wife we detested who had children we never met. My mother's mother was married to a man for about a year. Then they divorced and we never saw him again. He had grown children and has long since died. So -- in essence, my mother has stepbrothers and stepsisters she has never met. This sounds odd to me. Are there similar situations, or am I that unusual?

Lorenzo

This does sound odd but not really unfamiliar. I'm sure there are other families out there who have the same "situation" as you :) It would have been nice if you got to know all your step-aunts and uncles and their children. Imagine the stories you could all share :D

themdno

I would try to track them down if you could. These days, with google and facebook, you can find anybody. I've got some family that we never knew about which we found on facebook. It's pretty cool, really.

As long as you approach them respectfully, I don't think it would be a bad thing at all. They would probably love to meet you guys, as much as you would them.