Stepchildren lies

CoolFather

Sometimes, when children don't like their new stepfather, they invent lies to make him look bad in their mother's eyes. Of course, most of the times, the woman will be clever enough to expose the lier and uncover the truth... but not every time.

My brother decided to step out of a relationship because the woman's teenage son kept trying to frame him for various bad stuff that he did around the house.

What's the solution for such situations? Counseling?

TopPop

Sounds like my step son and, yes, we have him in counseling. He's a devious little bugger and my fiance is on to him so she doesn't believe half of what he says. It can be a real trial, but I knew what I was getting into and the kid needs a dad. I'm hopeful we can him straightened out eventually.

Roger

Well, the fact that you said the boy was a teenager does, indeed, raise a question mark regarding his mental health. The constant need to invent lies about someone might suggest a developing mythomania, so there might actually be a need for counseling...

The kid should be confronted with the step dad in a serious discussion, in which each has the opportunity to express his issues with each other...