Subway

Andersson

How much stock does anyone put into their menu? I know it is listed to be healthy food but I just see too many ways that people walk in and decide to add this and that, then bang its no longer a healthy meal. Is this what they count on?

polamalu43

Probably! Subway is not healthy unless you skip the cheese, mayo, oil and bacon. You can get a loaded veggie sub with mustard and its healthy. I usually skip the cheese and mayonnaise.

youngone

Subway is certainly not healthy food. Wheat is in the top 3 worst foods you can eat, one of those subs contains a lot of wheat! Most of the condiments are not particularly healthy either. Subway is not good for you!

FrankSinatra

It doesn't claim to be the healthiest but it claims that it is healthier than other fast food in the industry, which it is. Wheat is definitely not bad for you, but it can be if you act like a glutton.

If you load it with veggies and use mustards and other such condiments instead of mayo it will be decent.

RianMerino

People walk in under the assumption that Subway is healthy but not everything on the menu is. Cheese, oil, mayo, salami and other cold cuts and so much more is bad for you. I don't eat there often and when I do I get either roast beef or turkey and veggies with vinegar. No mayo or cheese for me.

Bearsfan

It doesn't claim to be the healthiest but it claims that it is healthier than other fast food in the industry, which it is.
I agree with you. When you compare Subway to other fast food choices, Subway is a better option. But, like with anything, when trying to eat healthy, you have to make the right choices.

Gavin

Is this what they count on?
I wouldn't say that it's what they count on when they do give you choices on how to make your own meal. I just don't think that people do their own homework when it comes to learning about the nutritional value of the food they eat.

Bear

They do have notes all over the menu about what you can have on the sandwiches and salads to keep them at the calorie count they advertise. I don't think that they are purposefully setting out to sell something unhealthy.

Endalia

They do have that, Bear. I don't usually eat there but it's not because I don't like it. We don't have one too close to our house. The one we have in another town is at least 45 minutes away.

Andersson

We only eat there once in a while since the trip is pretty far for the one that is actually open during the hours we would prefer to eat. For some reason the one close by closes very early in the day.