The big earner

crowl

My brother in law is having serious issues comes to terms that his wife makes slightly more than he does. Keep in mind his job is in IT and her's well she is UC Office of the President of a large college. I know it has to be rough but you would think he knew about this walking into the marriage.

Salazar

I really don't see what the big deal is about women earning more. I would be fine with it if my wife earned more than me. How much a person's paycheck is doesn't measure their worth as a person.

GranddadHoward

I'm from the "old school" when men made the living and wives stayed home and raised the kids. In those days, it would have bothered me if my wife worked at all. Things have changed a lot since then. A couple can't make it on one income, plus women fought to have equal rights. I don't think it should make any difference now if the wife earns more than the husband now.

youngdad

I had old-fashioned parents who taught me that the man should be the breadwinner. The way the economy is, I don't think I'd have any problems if the wife made more than me, even though I was brought up being taught that.

Pascallist

I think there is nothing wrong with the wife bringing in more income. It would even be a blessing for the household. I would be grateful if my wife made more money than I do.