The Mozart effect

TJoel

What do you think about the Mozart Effect? Do you really believe that your pregnant wife listening to classical music would make the baby smarter and healthier?

Last edited:

Walker

I have heard it mentioned that kids who were exposed to classical music in the womb had an iq of 3-4 points higher than kids who weren't. At the very worst it cannot hurt and classical music is always a delight to listen to.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I tried getting the wife to do that, but it was not always easy. She would forget here and there.

Clive

I agree with Walker - if you like classical music it can't hurt so if you want to try it, go for it. However, if your wife hates classical music, I wouldn't bother because it would probably stress her out to have to listen to it.

Davidson

I have seen some sort of belly phones so to speak, they go on your stomach and only the baby can hear the music, those seem like a practical solution to me.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I have seen some sort of belly phones so to speak, they go on your stomach and only the baby can hear the music, those seem like a practical solution to me.
We just used normal headphones, but the big ear muff style ones. I did not know they sold special headphones.

selfant

I never seen these, although it sounds like a great marketing of regular headphones...

On a side note, I have heard that, if nothin else - classical music calms people down, so that by itself is a good thing.