The wrong subject

Jonathan

Have you ever thought that you might have majored the wrong subject in college? Did it lead you to choosing the wrong career path? I have some friends who thought they have.

Jack

I used to be concerned about that. Then I discovered that there really is wisdom in following your interests and in building in your natural abilities.

CHenne

I went to college twice for this reason. I first majored in Criminal Justice but then decided I did not want to be a cop. I then went back for Finance and I love this work! It happens and it's okay to go back and get it right.

Don

I don't think I majored in the wrong subject because what I learned back then actually helps me now. I do wish I had started on a different career path when I first got out, however, because I made a lot of wrong turns before I got to this point.

Andersson

A few times over and then some. It seems most people today can not find a job paying what they need in the field of study that they took on. I am still thankful for some of my odd jobs as that was a huge chunk of what brought in the extra money for our family.

polamalu43

I believe it happens all the time. I think Ansersson is right on with this one. You want to do something and you do for a while. That job ends and the degree you have won't land you a new job. You go back to college or to a tech. school for something else.

Victor

This happens a lot and I think it's because kids going into college don't know themselves and what's a good fit, or the job market they anticipated isn't there and so they end up doing something else.