Thinking About It

Sinbian

My friend met a woman and he is seriously considering to leave his wife. They don't have kids. I'm stuck in the middle between him and his wife because we are all good friends. He asked me for advice and I just don't know what to say.

On The Mark

About all you can tell him is to give it a lot of thought. I wouldn't advise for or against it, just tell him the decision is going to be totally his.

polamalu43

Tell him that you won't get in the middle. It's not fair of him to put you in the middle. You are a friend of both of them. I hope he isn't doing anything with this new person already.

Salazar

Is he having trouble with his wife or is this just something that is tempting him? I would encourage him to think long and hard about this and to not act on anything until he makes a decision.

Andersson

Run as far away from it as you can. I can almost say with certainty that you do not want to be in the middle of it. I learned this years ago and lost a good friend over it. I tried to take neither side but I think that is just wishful thinking for those stuck in the middle.

On The Mark

Is he having trouble with his wife or is this just something that is tempting him?
Or is it both at the same time? Sometimes that happens to a man and, when it does, all it takes is one temptation to push him over the edge.

Is the temptress the right person at the right time, or the wrong person at the wrong time? That's something only your friend can decide.

Timeless

Step away from it. It's a decision he needs to make for himself, without putting you in the middle of it. Does he have someone else he can discuss this with?

popsmcnitt

My friend met a woman and he is seriously considering to leave his wife. They don't have kids. I'm stuck in the middle between him and his wife because we are all good friends. He asked me for advice and I just don't know what to say.
I'm also in the end stages of a divorce due to an extramarital affair. I would tell him to follow his heart. If he does not love his wife then he is doing her a service by leaving her for the new woman. You would also be doing his wife a service by advising him to pick the woman that he loves the most. Why would she want to stay with a man who no longer loves her?

Blue44

If he is asking you for your advice to him, then I would tell him to stick with his wife, and forget the other woman. I would guess that he hasn't really given this the full consideration it requires.