Today Is The Day

On The Mark

Well, it's here. The first day of school for kids in this neck of the woods. Mine is in the 8th grade now so she isn't nervous, but she's not too thrilled about it either.

polamalu43

Wow! That is early! Our kids here go back in September. Right after Labor Day is when they head back to school. When do your kids get out for the summer? How did you daughter do on her first day?

olderthandirt

Where are you located that they go back this early? We're still in the archaic, after harvest schedule up here, although there is little need for that these days.

BigPapa

Wow, that is really early. They passed a law here a few years back that said schools can't go back until after Labor day. They thought it interfered with the tourist season if it was earlier than that.

Victor

School starts back up here in a week, I think. It used to be earlier but they moved it. When I was growing up in the Midwest we started the week before Labor Day, so starting after Labor Day seems strange to me.

On The Mark

I'm down in Arizona. When does school let out? I wish you hadn't asked me that. I want to say the end of May, but don't quote me on that. I know they have 2 full months off and some change.

She's doing better this year then she did last year. She doesn't hate every teacher she has. :) The best part, for me at least, is that she doesn't have any classes with her close friends. Her grades suffered last year and I think that was why. She didn't stay focused on her work.