Too Early

Dave

My parents want us to come to their house this weekend to pick out pumpkins. I think it is way to early to be bringing pumpkins home. Anyone else?

Seven

If they're ripe, why not? October is usually the time we start putting the fall decorations out. And if a pumpkin goes bad before Halloween, we just replace it with another.

Jarred

I get the pumpkins in the beginning of October and the ones we have in the house last until Thanksgiving. I don't think it's too early at all. Halloween is going to be here before we know it so you might as well enjoy as much of the season as you can :)

Jeff

I usually take the kids to get their pumpkins the first weekend of October and then two weeks before Halloween we carve the pumpkins. It isn't too early at all.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Depends on the weather. Pumpkins here in Florida go fast. You may get a few days tops when you carve them, unless like some people you put them in the fridge. Even not carving them, they do not last long. I usually pick my pumpkins 3 to 4 days before Halloween.

Jessie

We go a couple weeks before and then carve them the weekend before Halloween. We usually just end up throwing them away on November 1st, so I am not sure how long they last here.

Dave07

I see people with them all over the neighborhood so I guess it's not too early here. I probably wouldn't carve one yet though it probably is a bit early for that.

noahsdad

We picked ours last weekend at my parents pumpkin patch. I think it is the perfect time to get them. We are waiting till the week before Halloween though to carve them.