Tortillas

Andersson

Who likes flour and who likes corn? I have always loved to mix them up but my wife just hates the flour ones. How good is wheat compared to the other two?

olderthandirt

I haven't seen wheat tortillas anywhere - what brand makes those? The only corn tortillas I eat are the ones already done and crunchy, like from El Paso brand or Ortega. We have tried the soft corn tortillas and no one cares for them, so we stick to flour tortillas.

Sinbian

We love tortillas and it doesn't matter what they are made of. It's an interesting switch from regular daily food. But in my opinion nothing beats wheat.

BigPapa

I buy both depending on what I am making. I use corn for chalupas and flour for tacos and burritos. I buy mine from a local restaurant that makes them from scratch. I love them because they don't have all the preservatives of the ones on the shelf at the grocery store.

Andersson

It might have been an off brand or a mix of wheat but I do remember them, now if I could only remember the brand name. I have never tried to make them from scratch, how hard is it?

CHenne

I like flour ones. I also like wheat ones. I don't really have a preference. My wife doesn't either. She picks up whatever is on sale. Anyone make homemade ones?

Victor

I prefer flour tortillas. I will occasionally use corn tortillas, depending on what I'm making, but flour ones taste much better. I've never tried to make my own tortillas although it'd be an interesting project.

Andersson

We were talking about tortillas over the weekend with a neighbor friend of ours and she said she recently just ordered a steamer that can steam foods as well as grill them. Some type of gadget that you can sit on your kitchen counter so I think that is the next item for us to get, maybe make some grilled chicken to go with those tortillas!