Toys For Tots

DeputyDad

We try to put a couple presents in the Toys For Tots box that my wife's employer does every year. This year we gave the girls control over picking out the items to go in the box. We gave them a budget as to what they could spend and took them to the store to pick something out. They chose a remote control car and a handheld electronic game. They did a good job.

Karter

We use to do this every year. This year we chose a family food basket instead. They usually do this in my daughter's school every year. This year they didn't so we decided to do it at my work. We collected a lot of items from co-workers and put them in the basket. We included toiletries, socks and food in the basket.

DeputyDad

That sounds like a really nice gift. How did you decide on which family would be getting the basket? That will certainly make someone's holiday much nicer.

CHenne

That is an awesome thing to do. We pick a name off the Christmas tree at the local grocery store. My kids love to buy gifts for other kids. I love that we are able to donate to others. We also sponsor a Christmas family at work.