TV and Internet Usage

PaPaul

Banned
How much time do your kids spend in front of the TV or on the computer? Do you ever worry that it takes too much away from family time? I'm all for the kids having down time of their own...not every spare moment has to be family-oriented...but some days there's nearly NO family interaction and it feels like we hardly live in the same house!

Papa Bear

Your observation is very right! I have noticed the same thing and it is not healthy at all. I had to put my foot down Tv and computer time has been limited.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I try to spend some time with my daughter. Even if it just the two of us watching an hour of TV together. I feel bad as she gets home from school, and I'm usually still working. The wife starts dinner and we put her in front of the TV.

Sampson

We do limit how much time the kids spend in front of the various media devices. But this is less of a problem during the school year when they have so many activities as well as school work keeping them occupied. If anything, scheduling family time around their activities is more of a challenge than turning off the tv.

Jessie

We don't have cable so my kids either play on their own or we are doing an activity together. Then after dinner we all sit down and watch a movie together. I find it vary nice to spend quality time with my children.