two dogs?

ChristopherT

My wife now wants to get another dog. Probably because I'm fixed and she can't 'accidentally' get pregnant again. Two kids, two full-time jobs and two dogs?

dirtyharry

My Ex and I had a hard time getting pregnant at first...I've got 3 dogs who are all about a year apart in age, so I am familiar with that drill. Basically you have to look at who is the one who really "takes care" of the dog now, and who might be stuck doing it in the future. Good luck.

crowl

I know a couple who have been married for years (their kids have kids already), they live on a small farm lot. They at one point had 9 goats (they breed worse than rabbits do), a dog and a pony. It could be worse. :)

ChristopherT

So Crowl are you saying I could send them my second dog? Yes, it could be worse but my kids are still in elementary school and too small to walk the bigger dog and there aren't sidewalks everywhere so they won't be walking the new dog either. I'll be cleaning up the mess that two dogs make when they're 'playing together while we are at work all day.' Great.

NoobDad

I don't think another dog is that much more work than one dog. Of course during the puppy stage it might be a little difficult but that doesn't last too long.