Two weeks after the end of school and already bored?

olderthandirt

This is going to be a very long summer! The girls have been out of school for only two weeks and I'm already hearing they're bored. They're all working now, so at least some of their time is occupied. What is it with today's generation that they simply can't entertain themselves like we could?

Victor

I don't know if it's just this generation, though. When I talk to my parents, they said we complained about being bored all the time too. Maybe it's just an annoying kid thing.

BigPapa

When my daughter tells me she is bored, then I tell her I will find her some things to do. They usually aren't pleasant, so she gets herself un-bored really quick.

On The Mark

Mine can be the same the way. She acts like it's my job to find her activities to do. She's more than old enough to know what to do with her time.

Sinbian

New generations are spoiled. When I was a kid I remember that even spoiled children had to work and obey their parents. Nowadays everything is upside down.

danno

Our kids don't start their Summer break until the end of July but we get the same complaints about boredom. We have to provide endless days out, games, BBQs and the like otherwise they mope. If I had a garden I'd get my son to work on it and that would keep him busy!

olderthandirt

Where do you live that they don't get a break until the end of July? I think our public schools should be like that. Kids forget a lot when they don't have school for three months at a time.

polamalu43

I do the same... you're bored? Let me tell you things you can do. The kids sure move quick and find something to do. We have plans almost every week so they won't get too bored.