Unbelievable

TopPop

This isn't my story (it happened to a friend of mine), but it just goes to show the lengths that some women will go to torture an ex and turn the kid against them. My friend has a six year old with his ex and the ex took the kid to some exhibit the other day. My buddy is a smoker and obviously the kid is aware of this. Well, part of the exhibit had a sign up that specifically said it was not recommended for kids under 12. Reason being, they had actual cadavers of people who had died from lung cancer. She actually took their six year old through that part of the exhibit!

Later that night, my friend got a phone call from his son and the little guy was freaking out and crying and telling his dad he didn't want him to die. I understand the importance of teaching kids about the hazards of smoking, but why would you do that to a six year old?? That was three days ago and from what I hear the poor kid still isn't sleeping well. Crazy.

stepdad

That's just sickening! My ex did the same thing to me when our girls were young and that's why they have almost nothing to do with me now.

stewy

My god, how can anyone be so cruel to their own child? It's awful how some separated people do use their kids to torture each other but why torture the child?

CoolFather

That's a rather irresponsible behavior for a parent... It's one thing to teach your child about the issues of life and death from an early age, and another to put him into contact with stuff that could traumatize the child.

Corpses are one of the reasons for which children are not allowed to watch horror movies. How can one possibly think that a 6-year-old could learn about the bad effects of smoking by looking at corpses?

RandysDad

My brother's ex had her little girl to claim her daddy touched her "down there". Well, she was 4 and she had diarrhea and needed help. So she got everyone to come down on my brother. They finally realized what happened and he got custody of both kids. I'm telling ya, some people would kill their children if that's what it would take to get back at their ex, and I'm not sure this hasn't already happened.

Mark

That is so messed up! There are some things that you just can't do to your kids. Someone that age isn't going to understand and it's going to put too much of a fear in them. I just think this is sick!

TopPop

My brother's ex had her little girl to claim her daddy touched her "down there". Well, she was 4 and she had diarrhea and needed help. So she got everyone to come down on my brother. They finally realized what happened and he got custody of both kids. I'm telling ya, some people would kill their children if that's what it would take to get back at their ex, and I'm not sure this hasn't already happened.
Wow, that is horrible! I just don't understand what some people are thinking when they do things like this. I could never imagine doing something so evil to my daughter just to get back at my fiance (if she and I ever split up).

A little update. My buddy has his son this weekend and he is taking him on a father/son camping trip. Hopefully some good ol' fashioned quality time will help the kid get past what his mother did.