Up Down Up Down

Victor

The kids are apparently having a needy day. I get them whatever they need, and the second I sit down, they decide they need something else. We're going to have to work on delayed gratification today.

On The Mark

I'd say. Sometimes kids get like that though. They want to be babied and they know that we all give in to that sometimes.

Big babies, huh?:)

Bear

That sounds like a normal day around my house, but my kids are still very young so they can't get most of the things they need or want for themselves.

Victor

Bear, yes it's fairly normal but that day was worse than usual. My kids are only 3 and 1 so basically I have to get them everything. That's fine but it's nicer when I can get multiple things while I'm up so that when I sit down, I can sit for at least a few minutes.

On The Mark

I didn't know they were that young. They just don't know what they want yet, and daddy getting up and down all the time might be a game to them. They think it's fun.

Victor

That's true. On the days it is worse than usual, it may be a game to them. I don't find it amusing though!

As usual, once I complained about it, things improved.

Salazar

This happens constantly in my house. It's like they have radar for those five minutes when you just want to relax and take a break. Next thing you know, the day is over and you never did get a chance to sit down.

Bear

My wife is really good with this, but she works from home so when she sits down she really needs to get something done. She will change the baby, get juice and snacks, and make sure they have all of their favorite toys or a movie on at the same time.